permaculture - Re: Re: "Organic" rip off, Fees AND Dutch public on GE foods.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sal" <sals@rain.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <OGL@LSV.UKY.EDU>, <bdnow@envirolink.org>, <sanet-mg@cals.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re: "Organic" rip off, Fees AND Dutch public on GE foods.
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 06:25:22 -0700

good in my younger years I would go to the drag strip and run cars the 1/4
mile. well some folks cheated and some did not. if you thought someone was
lying you would protest and they would inspect you car and if you were lying
you would pay a fine and give the trophy back. that's what the organic
Gestapo should do. I you think some one is lying you turn them in and if
they are telling the truth you pay if they are lying they pay for the
inspection and a fine. that way those that are not lying do not have to
pay. it seem fair for everyone. just because someone in your town took
something from u you don't got search everyone's house in the whole town to
catch the thief . that's is what the USDA is doing searching every organic
farmer and forcing fees and large amounts of paper work on them because some
body lied once about being organic. turn the in. there are laws on the
books now so turn them in but don't make the honest organic growers pay or
don't force the small organic grower out of business with forced fees.
this is wrong let the USDA know this is a rip off of the organic grower who
is honest. tell them the honest organic growers should not have to pay 1
cent to tell the truth that he is organic . not one cent.
http://www.ams.usda.gov/nop/ Klaus there is organic certified out there
right now get a life check the labels and to burden your brothers for no
reason with fees and these organic Gestapo tactics. NOt one cent more
than chemical farmers pay. Please don't let them kill off the honest
organic grower or make their life a hell on earth because someone lied to
Klaus .
check out an organic farmers homepage
http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html
sals@rain.,org