permaculture - Re: speaking of black walnut

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: speaking of black walnut
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:13:35 -0600

Black Walnut is an incredible furniture wood or a wood for sculpture while you are waiting to see what to do with it you could cut it into long logs and seal both ends to keep it from splitting and drying too fast. The crotch wood is particularly great for veneer and good figure so keep those junctions where trunk meets branch. I would also keep any branches that are over four inches.
Scott