permaculture - Re: zone 6

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: zone 6
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 00 12:36:42 -0700

Considering the planetary reality for a good long time, the idea of a
zone where you don't ever go just means a zone where someone else goes.
At the least it means a place where you'd have to go to evict the
squatters. We humans are everywhere, part of this world, and "not ever
going there" sounds to me alot like the "hands off" idea of wilderness
and park "preservation" that is causing so many problems.
>(zone 6 =)"pristine wilderness" (as opposed to wilderness that people have
altered at
>some point)
And there is wilderness that has not been altered?

If zone 6 is elves, elvis, devas & such, why then our concentric donuts
have turned into a new physics sort of ouroboros continuum for surely
zone 6 abuts the zone 00 of our internal headstate. There's not enough
beer to give this system proper consideration.
-Rick