permaculture - Re: "wind kettle"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Xavier Dequaire <xavier@futurich.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "wind kettle"
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:38:16 +0100

> I have a design client in a developing country that has lots and lots
>of wind and I thought this would be just the ticket if it already
>manufactured and I could find
>out where such a device is made.Appreciate your help.

Many commercial wind mills are used to produce warmth by friction.
It is probably one of the best small scale solutions, where warm water is
valuable. It is quite a good and very cheap way to store energy.
I know of such an installation here in Norway.

check danish wind mills producers

yours

Xavier

  • "wind kettle", Keith Johnson, 12/02/1999
    • Re: "wind kettle", Xavier Dequaire, 12/03/1999