permaculture - new web site of interest to permaculture community

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michaellockman@juno.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: new web site of interest to permaculture community
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:20:59 -0700

Dear Friends-

I am writing to announce the launch of a web page that I have been
writing for, mybackyard.com. I believe it is of interest to the
permaculture community. While not a permaculture site, the site is
geared toward helping people live more sustainably. And most of the
Gardening content was written by a permaculture designer and teacher!

The URL is http://www.mybackyard.com The web site was started because
the owner, Trisha Anderson, felt there was a need to provide people with
practical information and solutions to problems all in one place.

Topics covered on the site include Herbs, Gardening, Cooking, and Travel.
In addition there are numerous Bulletin Boards, a Seed Exchange and
various Kits you can purchase that help you get started.

I was the producer for the My Garden section, found at
http://www.mybackyard.com/garden.htm I wrote a number of the articles and
book reviews.

I would love to see members of the permaculture community write articles
for the Garden or Herbs section. We will also be featuring gardens that
combine edible landscaping and backyard habitat. If you are interested
please contact me via email.

The current featured garden is the home of Permaculture Designer Kevin
Burkhart! If you have never been to Kevin's garden you should check it
out. He has a real passion for growing edibles! Read about it at
http://www.mybackyard.com/current/85p1.htm

Also, check out the bulletin boards and feel free to give your two cents.
And there is a seed exchange!

I hope you enjoy the site. Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Michael Lockman
Ecological Designer
http://www.mybackyard.com/garden.htm

  • new web site of interest to permaculture community, michaellockman, 10/27/1999