permaculture - Re: Nature Spirit mailing list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nature Spirit mailing list
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:16:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, eric + michiko wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> >
> > Nature Spirit
> > new mailing list now online
>

> It would help me decide if I'm interested if you included a short
> description of the topics / emphasis of a new list. Thanks for doing all
> this!

It is the result of a spinoff of discussion in the sanet-mg mailing list.
People more oriented to discussion of the physical side of sustainable
agricultureasked that those participating in a very lengthy
and involved discussion of spirituality and agriculture form a separate
list for themselves. When someone used the name Nature Spirit I realized
that I should have started such a list long ago and this name seemed most
appropriate and universal.

Nature Spirit is for open discussion of spirituality, religion (including
food laws in certain religions), scripture (from any of the world's
religions), mystery, philosophy, ethics, morality, superstition, magic,
witchcraft, paganism, and mysticism in agriculture. Sacred geometry, the
supernatural and science fiction should have a place there as well.

Hope that does it.

Lawrence