permaculture - Re: Permeable Paving

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permacltur@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permeable Paving
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:34:30 EDT

There are custom-made bricks with openings that can be laid over properly
prepared surface. Any road surface should have good provision for drainage
under it.

There is also a "tarmac" type surface that is permeable. I have a friend who
has used it at his store and I'll email him. However any road surface or
driveway surface contractor should know about it. s

To some extent, the most appropriate material depends on the level of traffic
anticipated.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email. Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA Internships. YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html