permaculture - Re: Genetic engineering

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Genetic engineering
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 18:58:10 -0300

Toby-- the worst part of the gobbledygook here is that they insist that
agriculture
must be "modern" in order to be more "productive". Brazil is STILL GE-free,
thanks
mostly to Greenpeace efforts. If we can hold them back one more month, at
least this
year there will be no more time to plant.
By the way thanks to all of you-- and you were many-- who sent me " fuel
for the
fire". The material has been forwarded to Greenpeace and to the major soy
cooperatives,
so it has been most useful...

Marsha