permaculture - Re: Hello there

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Larry London <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hello there
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:03:04 -0500 (EST)

http://metalab.unc.edu/london InterGarden
london@metalab.unc.edu llondon@bellsouth.net

> Well thank you very much for the good hearted input. Since the input
> so far (both on the list and privately) seems to be positive i will go
> ahead and create the group. One important part of that process

Great!

> creating a new group is to prove that there is ongoing communication
> on the subject of the group on the net. Would it be possible to get a
> copy of stats. on the posting to the different lyris forums that you
> host? Not names of senders of course just numbers for a given period.
> Christer Ellingsen

I can have alt.permaculture created here at UNC if the need arises.
We'll only need a statement of purpose and a little discussion in
alt.config (?) , news.groups (?). Stats won't be necessary only
demonstrated interest amongst net users expressed in the right
new-newsgroup Usenet newsgroup for a week or so - this is just to insure
that when your newsgroup gets initially propagated, news admins around the
world will opt to carry your alt. newsgroup -
that's not automatic with alt. newsgroups like it is with the others
in the Usenet heirarchy).

Anyway, about stats for this PC forum:
looks like in excess of 276 articles posted between
1-1-99 and 4-1-99
However this is only a drop in the bucket as this incarnation of
our PC list is on its third server - the number of articles posted from
1-1-99 back to the beginning of the list around 1993-1994 would probably
exceed 1500-1800. I will be putting archives of all of these (including
this forum) online in html format sometime soon - then the big Web search
engines will be able to index them for retreival. We'll be much easier toi
find then.

Let me know if you need more info or stats.

Lawrence