permaculture - RE: Advanced Permaculture Apprenticeship Opportunities

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Advanced Permaculture Apprenticeship Opportunities
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:54:14 -0500

Among we afficionados of the ever-popular Panic, "run in circles, scream
and shout" is known as a Modified Stationary Panic (as long as the circles
are small). The best panics are stationary panics -- it's never a good idea
to move around too much or do stuff while in a panic. While the Full
Stationary Panic is by far the safest panicking technique, the Modified is
an acceptable substitute providing there is nobody nearby who might be
infected into a Full Moving Panic and so cause harm to themselves or other
living beings/systems in the vicinity. Full Moving Panics can be dangerous,
and are quite infectious.

Overall, "run in circles, scream and shout" is, I think, pretty good advice
under a very broad range of circumstances, and is certainly an improvement
over the average response. Possibly one of the more valuable tools in the
"First, do no harm" category of pc design.

Jack