permaculture - RE: Permaculture's purpose & "transformation"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Permaculture's purpose & "transformation"
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:05:33 +1100

it is impossible to create anything static anyway!
we all live in transformation.

On the other hand if i design for my transformation i exclude
all the possibilities that nature provides,
i have to allow her input.

it all boils down to observation, the best designer is the person
and/or people living on site,
they have time to observe the site and
its changes through the seasons, they get to watch the effects,
and inter-relationships that build between elements.

April

Permaculture Visions International.
International Permaculture Teaching Project
Leaders in Student Focused Distance Learning.

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv

  • RE: Permaculture's purpose & "transformation", April Sampson-Kelly, 01/03/1999