permaculture - Re: permaculture farm Set UP

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: permaculture farm Set UP
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:22:21 EST

Hi All,

Christopher Peck wrote of a family in Mexico whpo wanted to start a
Permaculture farm operation in Mexico who had their hearts in the right place,
but had little reak knowledge of pemaculture.

I wish them well.

I too would like to start just such a project on my farm in south central
Kentucky . It's over 450 acres with 330 acres of mixed age hardwood forest
with ridges that slope down to bottom lands, and broad creek.

I've been on the list a while hoping to learn as much as I can. I'm reading
Mollison's Permaculture Designer's manual...which is most helpful but I have
so many questions.

I'd be interested in working with expert permaculture designer's but
unfortunately don;t have much spare cash(BG).

My heart is in the right place...but it seems lots of expertise is needed.
Heck just trying to recycle water on property that runs down from those ridges
demands a lot more expertise, and perhaps capital than is available.

I'd appreciate your comments, and thoughts. Frank

  • Re: permaculture farm Set UP, FranksFarm, 12/16/1998