permaculture - Folks in Mexico

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CtopherP@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Folks in Mexico
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:39:58 EST

Here's another request for folks to teach in Mexico. Any help/suggestions will
be forwarded.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Christopher Peck
Santa Fe, New Mexico

In a message dated 12/3/98 10:28:20 PM, Zemach@ni.net wrote:

<<While I was in Durango, CO, at my son's for Thanksgiving, I met an
American/Mexican couple who live and work in Chiapas, and hope to start a
Permaculture demonstration farm. Only problem is that I think they know
next to nothing about Permaculture. I talked to Nelson Denman, who is
leaving for Venezuela tomorrow, but gave me the names of some people in
Mexico to contact. Do you know other Americans who go/teach in Mexico?
These people have their hearts in the right place, as they are starting a
tree nursery so they can plant 10,000 trees a year. The idea is to get
1,000 people to each plant and care for 10 trees on their small coffee
farms, and each one who does so will get a solar oven. They have also done
workshops on solar ovens in Guatemala. They have a non-profit status, and
are trying for grants and donations.>>

>I hope this message finds you well. It's a beautiful winter day outside my
>window, so nice and warm for November.
>
>Is there a possibility for you to attend the Holistic Financial Planning
>Workshop I'm offering on the 12 & 13 of December? I would love to have you in
>the class, let me know if there's any question I can answer about it, or
>anything that I could do to make it easier for you to attend.
>
>I hope you're well,
>Christopher

Christopher,

Sorry, but I won't be able to go, but thanks for thinking of me.

While I was in Durango, CO, at my son's for Thanksgiving, I met an
American/Mexican couple who live and work in Chiapas, and hope to start a
Permaculture demonstration farm. Only problem is that I think they know
next to nothing about Permaculture. I talked to Nelson Denman, who is
leaving for Venezuela tomorrow, but gave me the names of some people in
Mexico to contact. Do you know other Americans who go/teach in Mexico?
These people have their hearts in the right place, as they are starting a
tree nursery so they can plant 10,000 trees a year. The idea is to get
1,000 people to each plant and care for 10 trees on their small coffee
farms, and each one who does so will get a solar oven. They have also done
workshops on solar ovens in Guatemala. They have a non-profit status, and
are trying for grants and donations.

I'll be in and out a lot until February. What a year--my yard needed 5
waterings, whereas it took only 3 last year. Wonder what 1999 will bring!

Aloha,

Mary

--- End Message ---

  • Folks in Mexico, CtopherP, 12/11/1998