permaculture - To tap a finger

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Wim A. de Bruyn" <WdeBruyn@mail.dma.be>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: To tap a finger
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:56:00 -0100 (GMT)

Hello subscribers to this list ,

I urge you to send your support for the letter to Mr. Mandela, because he
has the moral authority to correct an error in the free market economy and
to change the course of history, without war. It will be done with war
under the conditions explained below.

>From the internet I copied : Monsanto "has completed negotiations to
provide "terminator seeds," seeds that have been genetically engineered so
that they are sterile. This obliges farmers to buy seeds from Monsanto
instead of harvesting seeds for use in future planting, a practice that has
now become a felony."

Monsanto can therefore also genetically engineer seeds that destroy the
fertility of the people who eat the products made from the plants grown
from these seeds.

"Now there is an attempt to move negotiations on the MAI from the OECD" (
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development ) "(a "club" of the
29 richest nations) to the World Trade Organization." "Most developing
countries are members in WTO and if a treaty is concluded there they would
have to join it." When that happens, these countries have lost the
sovereignty over their economy. The Multinational Agreement on Investment
is "a trade agreement that would give transnational corporations almost
total freedom to profit from any kind of activity anywhere in the world,
regardless of environmental impacts, labor practices, and negative impacts
on indigenous populations."

Imagine that people from a particular culture become convinced that MAI and
Monsanto threaten their survival or threaten their culture. Imagine that
their leaders then do what I ask Mr. Mandela to do. In the best of cases,
these leaders will force the developed world to oblige, without war. In
the worst of cases, there will be a war between the people from this
culture and the developed world.

As separate mail : Letter to Mr. Mandela, Scientific arguments for managing
the costs of living in order to maintain the integrity of human nature

With sincerity and its feelings,

Wim A. de Bruyn
Founder
ZERO, association of consumers keeping their integrity with their income
45 rue Alfred Giron
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Tel. : **32 (2) 648 56 95
e-mail : WdeBruyn@mail.dma.be
ZERO web site : http://freezone.exmachina.net/ZERO

  • To tap a finger, Wim A. de Bruyn, 11/26/1998