permaculture - Re: genetic tinkering info...(kinda long)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: genetic tinkering info...(kinda long)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 15:48:30 EDT

Hi,

Just wanted to echo John S's well written post on such genteic timkering.

Intuitively I feel that we are messing with systems far more complex than
science? realizes, or is capable of understanding at this stage.

Some of the stories John mentioned seem to highlight that very conclusion.

Sure we on this list are probably more likely to be set against such tinkering
than most...but then again I firmly believe we are right and in the long term
will be upheld. Let's stop fooling with nature, and start working with nature
as best we can.

Look at all the problems some farmers are having with Round Up resistant corn
in some areas. Bravo John. Best to all. Frank