permaculture - RE: ??

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • Subject: RE: ??
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:24:29 +1000

Yes and Yes,
some people do use animal manures. I don't bother because I have ducks
and chickens in the system. and where they go, they add their fertilizer,
I also use their occassional dead bodies under tree plantings.
Humans did survive quite well in agriculture without herbicides and
artificial fertiliser
for thousands of generations, and some such as china still do.
The chemical companies have certainly done a good job convincing us it is
not
possible. I say give it a genuine go, seek out all of us
who have been successful in the natural systems,
and your efforts will surprise and reward you.
April

  • RE: ??, April Sampson-Kelly, 08/11/1998