permaculture - RE: films...was spittlebugs, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jknapp@pacific.net (John Knapp)
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: films...was spittlebugs, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 16:34:03 -0800

At 12:24 PM 7/23/98, marco.mattiussi@semagroup.it wrote:
>Hi al,
>i've seen the short movie "anima mundi" (~20 minutes);
>it is almost entirely a sequence of animals' eyes close-ups, very rapidly
>changing, with the superb music of Glass to support the images. Is a tribute
>to the natural world and the wide biodiversity of it is emphatized.
>Regards,
>Marco Mattiussi

Anima Mundi was made at least 5 years ago. I first saw the film at the
Goldman Environmental Awards program in 1993 and we made it part of the
National Conference of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers in Berkeley in the
Summer of 1993. Marco describes it well.

I was not aware of either Koyaanisqatsi or Powaqqatsi. Are copies of them
publically available?

Regards,

John Knapp