permaculture - Fwd. [ICIBS'98] July-Sept: activities

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: S & S Aqua Farm <snsaquasys@townsqr.com>
  • To: aquaponics@townsqr.com
  • Cc: <homestead@listserv.oit.unc.edu>, <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>, <OGL@LSV.UKY.EDU>
  • Subject: Fwd. [ICIBS'98] July-Sept: activities
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:21:55 -0500

Friends - an update on the current status of the internet conference on
integrated bio-systems. For all those who may be interested (and not yet
participating), please contact Dr. "Jacky" Foo at his e-mail address for
additional information. I know there are several of you on this list that
will benefit from participation in these discussions. We've found Jacky to
be a very effective organizer of relevant information on subjects concerning
several of the discussions that have appeared on this (these) lists. I find
it very interesting that the primary subject areas of each list so closely
mesh with those from the other lists, but perhaps that is just my late night
perception. Paula Speraneo

>Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:29:04 +0200
>Sender: IC-IBS Announcements <IAS-WG08@MSIAS.IAS.UNU.EDU>
>From: Jacky Foo <foo@swipnet.se>
>Subject: [ICIBS'98] July-Sept: activities
>To: Multiple recipients of list IAS-WG08
><IAS-WG08@MSIAS.IAS.UNU.EDU>
>
>The first session of the Internet Conference on Integrated Biosystems
>(ICIBS) ends today and the Inst of Advanced Studies (UN University, Tokyo)
>and the UNESCO Microbial Resources Centre (Stockholm) would like to thank
>the authors for their paper presentations and the participants for joining
>the 12 different paper discussions. The second session of ICIBS will
>continue in October with about 12 papers for discussion. We look forward to
>your participation and support again.
>
>Between July and September, the ICIBS secretariat will conduct the
>following activities and you are all invited to participate.
>
>1) Evaluation of the first session of ICIBS.
>This started on June 21st and 146 subscribers were selected to participate;
>they are people who have participated actively during paper discussions,
>authors, members of the ICIBS planning and executive committees and
>selected persons from different geographical locations. The purpose of this
>evaluation is to improve preparation and organization of the second session
>of the Conference (Oct to Dec).
>
>If you like to comment on the first session, please send your comment to me
>(foo@swipnet.se) or join the mailing list IBS-P2 if you wish to participate
>more actively in the evaluation process. To join, e-mail
>listserv@msias.ias.unu.edu and use the subscription command:
>SUB IBS-P2 yourfirstname yourlastname
>or contract me if personal assistance is needed.
>
>2) General Forum on Integrated Biosystems
>This is a mailing list for the exchange of information and discussion on
>all aspects related to the integration of biological systems. If you are
>planning or operate an integrated system, the list is an excellent place to
>share your experience or present your project proposal. This list is also a
>good place to look for partners to develop projects. To join this list,
>e-mail listserv@segate.sunet.se and use the subscription command:
>SUB ET-W1 yourfirstname yourlastname
>
>3) Planning Committee
>I like to invite volunteers to join the planning committee so that
>effective changes can be made to organise the second session of ICIBS.
>Members of the planning committee may also assist in chairing paper
>discussions. Please contact me with a short description of yourself and
>professional work if you wish to join.
>
>4) Sponsors
>ICIBS seeks additional sponsors/donors for USD 1000 and above to support
>efforts to advocate the use of environmental sound and sustainable systems
>for food and non-food agricultural and agro-industrial food and material
>production. The donated amount will be used cover costs of the preparation
> [...]

  • Fwd. [ICIBS'98] July-Sept: activities, S & S Aqua Farm, 07/01/1998