permaculture - Re: Sheep Pasture Suggestions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: eric + michiko <emstorm@metro.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Sheep Pasture Suggestions
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:26:55 -0700

I have a friend who is looking at a piece of land to raise dairy sheep.
I'd like to suggest some different fodder plants (fedges, shrubs and trees,
pasture mixes, etc.) that would (help) eliminate her need to bring feed
from off site. Her site is located is the Coastal Range of Northern
California (Freestone, Sonoma County) and there is good soil and lots of
water from a creek that bisects the property.

I don't know much about dairy sheep needs or plants that can supply them,
and I don't know how to go about finding out either. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Eric Storm
Sebastopol, CA

  • Re: Sheep Pasture Suggestions, eric + michiko, 06/30/1998