permaculture - Re: defining keypoint

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: jackrowe@compuserve.com, permaculture@listserv.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: defining keypoint
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 07:00:26 EDT

Three short comments:

1) Since keypoint is Yeomans' system, it doesn't matter what everyone else
does. I think that except in quite shallow contours, there is danger of
tipping the tractor over if one follows the contour through to the ridges.

2) I found that it took 5 readings to go through the old Water for Every
Farm. Three of those were because Mollison had so garbled Yeomans that I was
unnecessarily confused. the new book, edited by his son, is much easier t
follow.

3) Yeomans is dead so we can't ask him questions. We can take his idea and
build on them. If you want to continue keyline to the ridge, you can try it
and if you succeed in something better, you have merely gone beyond Yeomans,
just as most of us have also gone beyond Mollison, given that major boost.

Dan Hemenway
Permaculture
Barking Frogs Farm
PO Box 52