permaculture - conference interns

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lighthse@shaysnet.com (Scott/Baines)
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, "uwe" <uweb@megalink.net.mx>
  • Cc: clrwater@valinet.com
  • Subject: conference interns
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

Heya~ I spoke with Deb for some time after your call on Friday - she is
interested in the concept of a conference intern. It seems that to be
realistic with the situation at hand, it would work best for Deb to have a
"full time" intern - she would benefit greatly from someone working with her
on a consistent basis rather than the one day/week rotation plan we have
planned for the pilot program. Deb is willing to have these folks work
within the Service Program on specific projects such as timely conference
prep, cleaning, errands, cooking,etc. - tasks that do not take much of her
time because as it stands now she has minimal support staff in the office
and cannot train intern folk to work efficiently in the office 1 day/week!
She would benefit greatly from a 3-4 day/week (maybe 1/2 days) conference
intern. I will hold this concept while communicating with folks requesting
intern info. ~ L

  • conference interns, Scott/Baines, 04/20/1998