permaculture - Re: leaky batteries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@wombat.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, UNC Perm List <permaculture@listserv.unc.edu>, Envirolink Perm List <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Re: leaky batteries
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 12:49:49 -0800

At 12:51 AM 3/28/98 -0500, Lee Flier wrote:
(stuff on anger)

>Well I guess this has turned into a big rant, but Permaculture to me is
>about being able to do something about real global problems on a level that
>is still human scale, still within arm's reach of people like you and me,
>not something you have to have money and power to do.

When we have folks up visiting our proto-demonstration site/homestead, often
we get into discussions on the state of the world. Long about the time the
discussion starts winding on an inward spiral, I'll say, "So, you want to do
something about the problems of the world? Here's a hoe - let's go plant
something or shore up one of the swales."

It's a great perspective-generator.

Walk in balance,

Loren
Loren Davidson
loren@wombat.net http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
"Follow your dreams. Make your wishes. Create the future. And above all,
believe in yourself." -- J. Michael Straczynski