permaculture - Re: new to list, query

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Avalon Bruce <avalonb@nwol.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: new to list, query
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 06:27:51 -0800

am new to permaculture list -- do you know of anyone in way EASTERN new
mexico or
the el paso area who could come out here this summer and TEACH a short
course on
permaculture?

i have four GRAND, GLORIOUS, WONDERFUL acres in the northern chihuahuan
desert --

30 miles in 3 directions to small towns, crane, monahans and fto
stockton

we (in imperial) are between I-20 and I-10. i'd be glad to arrange
publicity,
provide housing (have old, 9 room ranch house), etc. we have a
sweatlodge here,
and are only l4 miles from a HUGE inland 'lake', imperial reservoir/lake
-- pretty area
if you like desert, mesquite, cacti, and critters -- even moutains way
off on horizon

this used to be a big truck farming area, with lots of good, cheap
irrigation water

soil is clayey but will grow anything the wind doesn't beat to a pulp --
but being
desert, we only get 6-l0 inches of rain/annually and need to make the
MOST of what
resources we have!

achitu. avalon
--
The Earth is not given to us by our parents.
It is loaned to us by our children.