permaculture - Re: Brazilian Permaculture Groups (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Fiona Campbell + Russ Grayson <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Brazilian Permaculture Groups (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 18:30:02 +1200

> Dear Friends,
>
> Greetings from Brazil! This is just to inform you that
> Permaculture is well-established here since Bill Mollison`s first course
> here in 1992.
> At the present moment there are seven organized groupssome already
> becoming "Institutes", others still informal but active, each in one of the
> major ecosystems of Brazil.
>
> I would like to point out that no one person or organization
> represents Brazilian permaculture. We work as an integrated network
> here, cooperating among the different groups.

> Marsha Hanzi

Congradulations... it's great to hear of progress in a country so far
away.

The presence of Ali Sharif and others in Australia in late 1996
introduced many of us to the valuable work being done over there. Tony
Jansen, who spent a year in South America three or so years ago, also
brought us news of projects there. Tony is currently managing projects
in the Solomon Islands (South Pacific) and was recently presented with
the Sir Edward Dunlop Queen's Trust Award for outstanding young
Australian of the year, in recognition of his work in South America and
the South Pacific.

Please keep us informed of your work.
...Russ Grayson

--
PACIFIC EDGE PERMACULTURE
Russ Grayson and Fiona Campbell

Phone 02-9588 6931 (IDD-61+2+9588 6931)
Fax 9514 2611 (Mark fax: ATTN: RUSS GRAYSON - APACE)
(IDD-61+2+9514 2611)
Email: pacedge@magna.com.au

Permaculture education, publishing, design.
NSW co-ordinator, Australian City Farms and Gardens Network.

  • Re: Brazilian Permaculture Groups (fwd), Fiona Campbell + Russ Grayson, 02/07/1998