permaculture - Re: Toxics in Urban Soils

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Toxics in Urban Soils
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 20:46:17 +1100

check out our homepage - subpage on contamination of soils

as for lead, it is toxic when breathed and ingested. Less harmful when
compounded with another element.
Nearly all Australian Homes would have been treated with organophasphates
for termites.
add the hidden toxins from years of pesticide spray in the home (residual in
carpet)
Hope this helps,
April

----
April Sampson-Kelly ADPA,BCA,MCA,GradSci,PDC
LC Permaculture Visions
leaders in permaculture learning by correspondence
askpv@ozemail.com.au
sampsms@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv
GOOD PLANETS ARE HARD TO FIND