permaculture - Re: Zone 6 and 7

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Zone 6 and 7
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 15:40:13 -0500 (EST)

>Hi, April
>
>Sorry, I should have explained that reference for our interrnational
members.
>I was referring to the US Department of Agriculture's Climactic Minimum
>Temperature Zones within the US. Goes from 1 to 11, from cold to
subtropical-
>Zone 11 in parts of Florida. Each Zone is further divided into a Zone A and
>B.
>
>To give you a better idea Zone 6 A's average minimal temperature is -5 to
>-10 degrees F or -20.6 to-23.3 degrees C.

I am unaware of any part of Florida being Zone 11, though maybe some of the
keys make it. Zone 11 pertains to other parts of the us such as Puerto Rico,
the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, and so forth.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. One is now underway. Next Live program: Paraguay, 9/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

  • Re: Zone 6 and 7, FranksFarm, 11/27/1997
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Zone 6 and 7, YankeePerm, 11/27/1997