permaculture - Re: Smother crops

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Smother crops
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:20:23 -0500 (EST)

>I wonder how many cycles it would take if the weed seeds were allowed to
>germ., then hoed, then allowed to germ. again, then hoed again...?

Possibly as many as 15,000. However the weed seeds are important to soil
health as a protective measure so why would you want to eliminate them. You
could do it in one go with a nuclear detonation about 25 feet above the
ground.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. Next live training: Paraguay, Sept. 1998. Internships
available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL
32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

  • Smother crops, Jack Rowe, 11/02/1997
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Smother crops, YankeePerm, 11/03/1997