permaculture - Re: Seeds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm@aol.com
  • To: mborchardt@igc.apc.org, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, jackrowe@compuserve.com, owner-permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: Seeds
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:36:34 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/1/97 7:50:38 PM, mborchardt@igc.apc.org wrote:

>Dan what's the address for Calif Rare Fruit Group?
>
>Marilyn Borchardt

Hi Marilyn:

OK, to save time, I went to our TRIP (The Resoruces of International
Permaculture) database and called up all groups primarily concerned with
genetic resources in the USA, which includes CRFG. I got about 80 hits.
From these, I've selected about 10 to post to the entire list. If you want
to get TRIP, we are remaindering Vol. VI at $5 + p&H, 20% of the original
price, as I would rather get the copies out than mulch with them. We also
have it on floppy disc.

To some extent, the groups I chose to list and those I chose to leave out are
somewhat arbitrary. Some of the groups involved with tree crops we have
under a tree category, or we would have way over 100 listed for the USA
alone.

Genetic Resources Information Network c/o Antonio Sotomayor-Rios,
TARS POB
65 Mayaguez PR 00709

Seed Savers Exchange - SSE Attn: Kent Whealy, Director 3076
N Winn
Rd. Decorah IA 52101 319 382-5990

SAVE OUR SEEDS 5813 Vincent Av S MINNEAPOLIS MN
55410-2855
North American Fruit Explorers - NAFEX Pomona c/o Jill Vorbeck,
Membership Rt. 1 Box 94 Chapin IL 62628

CORNS Rt. 1 Box 32 turpin OK 73950

Native Seed Foundation Rt. A Moyie Springs ID 83845

Native Seeds/SEARCH 2509 N Campbell Ave. #325
Tucson AZ 85719
California Rare Fruit Growers Fruit Gardener The Fullerton
Arboretum California State Univ. Fullerton CA 92634

Abundant Life Seed Found Box 722 1029 Lawrence Port
Townsend WA 98368 360
385-5660

Permaculture Seed & Plant Exchange c/o Joe Hollis 3020 Whiteoak
Creek
Rd. Burnsville NC 28714 704 675-5664

I hope that people find that this is useful.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. Next live training: Paraguay, Sept. 1998. Internships
available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52, Sparr FL
32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

  • Re: Seeds, Marilyn Borchardt, 11/01/1997
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Seeds, YankeePerm, 11/02/1997