permaculture - Re: Ozark Challenges

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: steved@ncatark.uark.edu, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: Ozark Challenges
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:41:45 -0500 (EST)

Spreading plastic all over the ground is spreading chemicals all over the
ground. Plastic is not stable, but photodecays and spontaneously decays,
depending on the kind of plastic, etc. Volatiles get into the ground. In my
view, this practice is hostile to permaculture. I know that serious
permaculturists disagree--I'
m responding to such a viewipoint. My purpose is to state a viewpoint that
needs expression, not start a flame war or even a debate.

The facts are obvious. People will opt for the convenience of plastic or for
a more conservative definition of permaculture. That's a pretty clear
choice. There is no missing or hidden information needed to make it.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981). Next correspondence
permaculture training by email starts in Aug., '97. Internships available.
Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 2052, Ocala FL 34478 USA
YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.