permaculture - Re: cow spit makes the grass grow

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Terrakin@aol.com
  • To: Elfpermacl@aol.com, lfelch@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu, kocher+@andrew.cmu.edu, 75031.1565@compuserve.com, cstaple@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu, ElfinPDC1@aol.com, willems@iafrica.com
  • Cc: homestead-digest@world.std.com, permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, EarleLA@aol.com, ktsch@inetnebr.com, lsc@hplsc.fc.hp.com, Matthew@twinoaks.org, nll@encina.vilspa.esa.es, wmh@online.dct.com
  • Subject: Re: cow spit makes the grass grow
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 12:51:12 -0500 (EST)

Jean Baugh mentioned this and I think I have found further reference to it in
an article by Gene Logsdon" The Importance of Traditional Farming Practices"
in a collection called-MEETING THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE LAND ed. Wes Jackson
,Wendell Berry, Bruce Coleman North Point Press 1984
In the article, Gene Logsdon mentions he had read something about it " out of
the University of Minnesota a few years ago"
Its not much but its a start.
Im just starting out, but I hope this helps....Happy trails, Kiya Heartwood

  • Re: cow spit makes the grass grow, Terrakin, 01/26/1997