permaculture - Building Insulation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "FLAVIA LENZO" <LWORTHIN@kangeroo.ac.cowan.edu.au>
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Building Insulation
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:05:27 +0800

We are presently looking at buying a house and land (in the south-west
of Western Australia). It is built of timber, two storey with iron
roof. The present owners put down carpet on the bottom storey (covering
the timber flooring) to reduce coldness coming up through the
floorboards. The house is built on a slight slope (facing north)
therefore the floors of the living areas at the front of the house are
raised above the ground, about two feet at the highest.

We would prefer to take up the carpet and have the timber floorboards
exposed - but how do we get around the problem of "insulating"?? Any
suggestions extremely welcome!

Thanks
Debbie
<lworthin@kangeroo.ac.cowan.edu.au>

  • Building Insulation, FLAVIA LENZO, 06/24/1996