Subject: permaculture

  • From: Hyung Kyu Nam <hnam@reed.edu>
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 11:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

I've been reading about permaculture and Fukuoka's books and have worked
briefly in Aurovile, India on a farm that used these principals. I have
not had the opportunity to do this on my own because of conflicting ideas
with my gardening friends. For instance, my friend is into deep bed
organic gardening, digging, weeding, and relatively monocroped beds. He
says he read that the guy who started Territorial Seeds says that the
northwest is not good for things like heavy mulching due to slugs. I would
appreciate advice about northwest specific approaches to sustainable and
'do nothing' ways of gardening/agriculture. I would love to have contacts
if anyone can refer me to folks out in Oregon or southern Washington who
may let me visit and maybe do some sort of apprenticeship. Thanx.