permaculture - !!ATTRA emergency!! (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@SunSITE.unc.edu>
  • To: sustag-public@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, sust_ag-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, sustag-principles@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, ipm-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: !!ATTRA emergency!! (fwd)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 13:05:00 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 08:44:44 -0400
From: Ferrucio@aol.com
To: sanet-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
Cc: ecol-agric@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: !!ATTRA emergency!!

If you know of or have used ATTRA's services, read on.

For reasons I do not fully comprehend, I have been asked to go to Washington
4/22/96 to make a direct appeal to Rep. Marcy Kaptur (a key member of the ag
committee) and to possibly testify before the full committee about ATTRA's
importance to me as the "average" farmer type, to preserve ATTRA's funding at
current levels.
If you have used ATTRA's services, please send me a short synopsis of your
experience focusing on:

1.Was the information economically helpful, did it help reduce operational
costs? (they like to hear about programs that save money)
2.Did it improve efficiency?
3.Were there positive environmental effects?
4.Anything else you feel to be pertinent

The funding request for FY97 is $1.3 million. No new money is being asked
for.
Mick Natco
Little Pond Farm
IFO-Innovative Farmers of Ohio
SOFA-Sheauga Organic Farmers Association

Please forward your response to my request to the following address:
Farmer M@aol.com
(if you trouble with that address, try ferrucio@aol.com)

And send a copy of your response to your Senator or Congressperson and urge
them to maintain funding for ATTRA.

  • !!ATTRA emergency!! (fwd), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/16/1996