permaculture - Permaculture-newsgroup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo.Pfennig@kiel.netsurf.de (Thilo Pfennig)
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Permaculture-newsgroup
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 23:06:52 +0100

I created a hierarchie supporting espects of the idea of "one world" called
the One World Net. In that I set up a newsgroup own.eco.permaculture
(whereby eco means ecology as well as economy). The rules for own.* are the
same as for all alternative hierarchies. here is a list:

own.answers FAQS,etc. <thilo@own.deceiver.org> (Moderated)
own.buddhism Buddha, Dharma, Sangha
own.eco.lets Local Exchange Trading Systems
own.eco.permaculture Permanent (Agri)culture
own.general general discussion about the "One World Net"
own.health.aromatherapy essential oils,etc.
own.health.bach_flowers Dr.Edward Bachs Flower
own.health.herbs Herbs from A-Z
own.health.homoeopathy Samuel Hahnemann's System
own.health.misc this and that
own.health.reiki Dr.Usui's System
own.music rythms & rhymes
own.natives native people
own.news.announce Announces <thilo@own.deceiver.org> (Moderated)
own.news.groups talk about newsgroups
own.rainbow The Rainbow Family
own.talk need a good talker?
own.tibet.misc about the country Tibet
own.tibet.wtn World Tibet News <wtn-editors@utcc.utoronto.ca>
(Moderated)

As you see, there is also a group for local exchange trading systems. I
hope we can get this thing going! The newsserver at "thur.de" will
distribute it publically. Please help yourself!

BTW: I also informed the man behind tale@uunet.net. He replied:

>Honestly, except for the Tibet issue, I think it is not really
>contributing anything. It is duplicative with some existing groups
>and where it isn't there is no reason those groups can't be created
>in the mainstream hierarchies, where they would be available to more
>people.
>
>Nonetheless, I have noted the moderator addresses.

I think he might be right, if our goal would be the biggest availability.
But I think this net could stand for an integration of very different
technics and thinkings in order to create a sustainable world.

For instance I know a paper of a reiki-foundation in germany that wants to
support permaculture and other things, which they think might guarantee ,
that we could have a future.

See also: http://www.kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Thilo.Pfennig/own.html (that
should be updated, I gave up the idea to restrict own to german-speaking
people/communities) Please contribute!

--
Thilo.Pfennig@kiel.netsurf.de ,Tel.0431/92451,24116 Kiel, Goethestr.3
http://www.kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Thilo.Pfennig/

  • Permaculture-newsgroup, Thilo Pfennig, 02/02/1996