permaculture - Re: NO SUBJECT

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@calypso-2.oit.unc.edu>
  • To: Mike Smith P00297 - HICNET <auhicmds@ibmmail.com>, permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Cc: garden@csf.colorado.edu, internet@ibmmail.com
  • Subject: Re: NO SUBJECT
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 23:45:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, Mike Smith P00297 - HICNET wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Lets get this Permaculture Web space happening.
> Before we begin I'll introduce myself.
> My name is Mike Smith and I'm the Convenor for the Permaculture group in
> Australia's national capital, Canberra.
> I am a PC and Mainframe support person but I'm really a well adjusted person
> despite all that.
> I've been a support person for the Permaculture movement for a few
> years now and have decided to focus my energy on the establishment of a
> Permaculture Web Space (PermaNet??)

> That is the purpose of this list with thanks to Michael Yount.

We already have the following stable, permanent Internet permaculture
resources:

ftp site:
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
permaculture/

gopher site:
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/11/.pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
permaculture/

World Wide Web site:
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html

e-mail ID at sunSITE, accessable from the webpage:
permaculture@sunSITE.unc.edu

Internet mailing-list:
permaculture-mg@ces.ncsu.edu (subscribe via almanac@ces.ncsu.edu)
(Archives of this list are accessable via the webpage, ftp & gopher).

Send me any info, .html files, pics, etc. and I'll mount them. You
can also send resources to permaculture@sunsite.unc.edu or ftp them to:
sunSITE.unc.edu
- put them in:
pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/incoming/

> So, in the first instance we are looking for a host site. It is important
> that we choose carefully for a variety of reasons:
>
> 1. We need a stable site. It can't be shutting down all the time or be
> poorly managed.

We have this already.

> 2. We need a few megs of space to start and probably more as we progress.

As much disk space as we need.
> 3. It must have good response times.
> etc.

We have this, too.

> WHERE TO FROM HERE
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> If we can agree to the criteria for choosing a site then we can start asking
> around for a benign host. So, can you all comment on, and add to the three
> points above and we can go on from there.
>
> Also, it might be nice if we all introduce ourselves.
>

> Regards
>
> Mike D. Smith, Canberra, Australia.
> President, Permaculture ACT (Australian Capital Territory, Canberra) - PACT
> Board, Australian Centre for Environentally Sustainable Systems - ACESS
> Chief Editor, The Mulch, Journal of Permaculture ACT - MULCH
> E-mail Administrator, Health Insurance Commission, Aust. Fed. Gov. - HIC
>
> Internet..........auhicmds@ibmmail.com
> X.400.............g=mike; s=smith; p=ausgovhic; a=ibmx400; c=au
> PACT Address......PO Box 886, Civic Square ACT 2608, Australia
>
> Home Address......10 / 12 Blackett Cres, Greenway ACT 2900, Australia
> HIC Address.......PO Box 1001, Tuggeranong ACT 2900, Australia
> ACESS Address.....49 Wentworth Avenue, Kingston ACT 2604, Australia
> Phone (work)......+ 61 6 203 6040
> Fax (work)........+ 61 6 203 6186
> "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" - Mollison

Lawrence F. London, Jr. - london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/The_Sustainable_Farmstead.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/permaculture.faq
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london/sunSITE-PC-mailarchive

  • Re: NO SUBJECT, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/11/1995