permaculture - Re: greenhouse w/chickens?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jennifer Peltier <peltier@isi.edu>
  • To: srubin@erinet.com (suzi rubin)
  • Cc: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Re: greenhouse w/chickens?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 07:40:00 PDT

Hi Suzi,

For a while I lived on Martha's Vineyard island (off Cape Cod, MA). I
had some friends who worked at a place called Solviva. Basically a
woman made a self-sustained environment by building a green house on
one end of her house and a chicken coop on one side of the greenhouse.
I cannot recall the woman's name off hand but she gave out information
about her place and offers tours etc. She is located in Vineyard
Haven, MA so a call to directory assistance may turn something up. I
have some literature that's about 10 years old and could snail mail it
to you (if I can find it). Let me know.

Take care,

Jennifer
peltier@isi.edu