permaculture - PGAN & GOFP: two permaculture NGOs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: pgan@peg.apc.org
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Cc: pgan@peg.apc.org
  • Subject: PGAN & GOFP: two permaculture NGOs
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 22:10:18 +1000

Responding to Pam Gray's question from Beijing:
"Has any one thought of registering Permaculture as an NGO? "

Comments from Adam:

PGAN/PIL: Permaculture NGO in Australia
---------------------------------------
The Australian Permaculture NGO is being set up by us here at PGAN,
the Permaculture Global Assistance Network.
This will be registered with ACFOA (Australian Council For Overseas Aid)
late Sept 95 at the ACFOA Council.
We have got quite a few overseas projects going already: in Cuba, India,
Nicaragua, Malaysia, etc,
and we are consulting to projects in Vietnam, Eritrea, Australia,
Solomon Islands, Ecuador, El Salvador, etc.
There are new projects being planned for Fiji, Colombia, Kenya, etc.
There are existing in-country Permaculture NGOs that we are in touch
with in Nepal, Mexico, Ecuador, Cuba, Brazil, etc.
And there are many other Permaculture institutions, including most
Western countries.

Permaculture Global Assistance Network
6 Derby St
Kew VIC 3101
Melbourne, Australia
Tel/Fax: +61 3 9853 6828
Email: pgan@peg.apc.org

GOFP: a Permaculture NGO in Cuba
--------------------------------
The Cuban Permaculture NGO is:

Grupo de Orientacion a la Familia sobre Permacultura
Calle 158 #107 altos esq Primera A
Reparto Nautico, Playa
Habana, Cuba
tel: +53 7 33 6090
email: gtcuba@tinored.cu (Don't expect a reply, as they are v. busy)

GOFP has a staff of four Cubans and thirteen Australians have worked
with them since 1993. Currently three Australians are working with GOFP
on a one year contract.

  • PGAN & GOFP: two permaculture NGOs, pgan, 09/02/1995