permaculture - Re: Dandelions and PC curriculums

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dupuis@lei.ucl.ac.be (Pascal Dupuis)
  • Subject: Re: Dandelions and PC curriculums
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 15:24:01 GMT+1

In article <301jc0$qo3@cmcl2.NYU.EDU> buttrill@ACFcluster.nyu.edu writes:
>From: buttrill@ACFcluster.nyu.edu
>Subject: Re: Dandelions and PC curriculums
>Date: 13 Jul 1994 20:38:24 GMT

> I would like to know what permaculture is and how I could get
>a couple of those Permaculture International Journal copies.
>If you have any suggestions of books or other materials about permaculture
>those would be appreciated as well. Thanks a ton,

Permaculture stands for "permanent" and "culture" or "agriculture". This
concept was designed by Bill Mollison, who wrotes some books on this topic.
You can find an usefull definition on the gopher server located on
sunsite.unc.edu. I enclose a file I get from Lawrence London,
telling how to access tha archive
Later -
Pascal A. Dupuis

|For rec.gardeners:
|Newsgroups: rec.gardens
|Subject: How to get to gardening FAQs, archives - UPDATE

Accessing resources at sunSITE.unc.edu
--------------------------------------

Methods:

WAIS (also available via telnet)
World Wide Web (via telnet, lynx available for vt100 users)
URL info: http://sunsite.unc.edu/
anonymous ftp

ftpmail
Send e-mail to ftpmail@sunsite.unc.edu for helpfile on ftpmail usage.

Gopher (also available via telnet)
Link Info:

Type=1+
Name=Worlds of SunSITE -- by Subject
Path=1/sunsite.d
Host=calypso-2.oit.unc.edu.
Port=70
URL info: gopher://sunsite.unc.edu

telnet
Login: (follow login instructions for access to WAIS, gopher, ftp, lynx)
(vt100 works fine for those using that terminal type)

Information on certain archives at sunSITE

Navigating the sunSITE ftp directories and Gopher menus:

Anonymous ftp:
cd pub/academic

cd agriculture/sustainable_agriculture
cd gardening/gardening-FAQs
cd agriculture/rural-skills
cd medicine/alternative-healthcare
cd environment/alternative-energy/energy-resources
cd environment/pesticide-education

Gopher:
The Worlds of sunSITE
Sustainable Agriculture Information
SunSITE Sustainable Agriculture Information
gardening
gardening-FAQs

links to:
Rural Skills: etc.
Alternative Energy
Alternative Healthcare
Pesticide Education
- other Gopher sites with ag/gardening information

The Worlds of SunSITE
browse sunSITE archives
academic
agriculture
sustainable_agriculture
gardening
gardening-FAQs
rural-skills

The Worlds of sunSITE
browse sunSITE archives
academic
environment
alternative energy
energy-resources

The Worlds of sunSITE
browse sunSITE archives
academic
medicine
alternative healthcare

The Worlds of sunSITE
browse sunSITE archives
academic
environment
pesticide education

Newsgroup, mailing-list, newsletter archives/documents/FAQs on
sustainable agriculture, permaculture, IPM, landscaping, gardening, farming,
rural skills, horticulture, metalworking, woodworking, weather,
housebuilding,
food, cooking, nutrition, ecology, environment, pesticide education,
health and safety, alternative: healthcare, energy, architecture,
housing and many other related topics.

FAQs for these newsgroups:

rec.gardens (/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/gardening/gardening-FAQs)
misc.rural (/agriculture/rural-skills/faqs)
rec.food.sourdough (/agriculture/rural-skills/food/sourdough/faqs)
rec.food.veg (/medicine/alternative-healthcare/faqs)
rec.crafts.metalworking (/agriculture/rural-skills/metalworking/faqs)
rec.woodworking (/agriculture/rural-skills/woodworking/faqs)
alternative energy (/environment/alternative-energy/miscellaneous)
sci.energy.hydrogen (/environment/alternative-energy/miscellaneous)
alt.meditation (/medicine/alternative-healthcare/faqs)
alt.co-ops (/environment/energy-resources/faqs
alt.housing.nontrad (/environment/energy-resources/faqs
alt.folklore.herbs (/medicine/alternative-healthcare/faqs)
sci.life-extension (/medicine/alternative-healthcare/faqs)
vegetarian (/medicine/alternative-healthcare/faqs)

Documents (partial list):

historic food
sourdough bread-yoghurt-kraut-fermented foods
vegetarian cooking
alternative architecture
alternative housing - sustainable communities - cohousing - co-operatives
alternative healthcare
health and safety faqs
sustainable agriculture
gardening-farming-rural life
permaculture
integrated pest management
meteorology
beekeeping
hydroponics
biological pest control
bioremediation
aquaculture
guides to Internet agriculture/healthcare/environment/biology resources
homeopathy
ayurveda
nutrition
meditation