percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy & Hesse

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Lauren Berdy <lauren.stacy.berdy AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy & Hesse
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 15:09:36 -0400

Emily’s Bagvagita. Too bad
Tom Merton and he never
Dialogued.
Doubt is too
catching.
Thank you,
Lauren

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2022, at 2:34 PM, lowry.charles AT gmail.com wrote:

I am no scholar, heaven knows, but in my laziness I have developed a million labor-saving workarounds.  Although it is only a partial and not a definitive answer to your question, I can report that Hermann Hesse does not appear in the indices of the following books I have on my Percy shelf:

—Jay Tolson’s and Father Samway’s biographies of Percy
—John F. Desmond’s Walker Percy’s Search for Community
—Robert Coles’ Walker Percy, An American Search
—Jessica Hooten Wilson’s Reading Walker Percy’s Novels and Walker Percy, Fyodor Dostoevsky, and the Search for Influence
—Lewis A. Lawson’s Following Percy
—Kieran Quinlan’s Walker Percy, The Last Catholic Novelist
—Lawson and Kramer, editors, Conversations With Walker Percy

Further affiant sayeth naught.

Sent from my iPhone