percy-l - [percy-l] NEW BOOK: "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life" (June 2021)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Percy-L Manager <percy.listserv.manager AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] NEW BOOK: "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life" (June 2021)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 23:12:55 -0400

Dear Percy-L Community:

I commend to your attention this recently released, fine publication by author Doug Brown. Memoir-like in nature, funny and moving, the book is written for anyone interested in Walker Percy, coping with grief, or applying literature to everyday life.

Of note is its exploration of how Percy's approach to narrative can bring substantial healing to what Percy calls the "aboriginal catastrophe”; and further, how Percy's concept of the sacraments of ordinary life helped its author personally move forward in his life. The book and sample chapters are available on Amazon at the below link.

We also welcome Doug at this time as a member of the Percy-L community. Welcome, Doug!

Best Regards,
Henry Mills
Percy-L Manager

--
Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life
by Douglas Brown

Every soul is of infinite value. Every story is worth telling, including yours.

After he experienced three traumas, Douglas Brown learned a valuable lesson: the way out is out. The way out of grief is to move forward. Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life is both a memoir and an open-hearted look at the big questions of life, death, and more life. With humor and compassion, Doug writes of how those traumatic events showed him the value of every life. He explores how the writings of Walker Percy, a very funny New Orleans writer, helped him deal with the madness of our time – and make sense of his own story. And he shows how the sacraments of the ordinary can lead us out of loss and into happiness.

Along the way, you will learn that each of us can see and tell our own stories in ways that honor grief while encouraging joy.
E-book or paperback.