percy-l - Re: [percy-l] What does emanation mean in the Bible? - Google Search

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] What does emanation mean in the Bible? - Google Search
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 00:50:36 +0000 (UTC)

Welcome and have more to say here. This is really to the point and had to be helpful.
Janet Cantor

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:34:57 PM EDT, Joseph Francisco <joe.francisco4591 AT gmail.com> wrote:

Well this article is quite the rabbit hole:

But may give a little better sense of Emanation as it may be used in Catholic theology (not a common term, to my knowledge).

In Percy, man's search for God is undertaken in the arena of people and things in the world. It's possible to seek Him there because all of created Being emanates from Him. Kind of like how you can tell a little bit about an artist from seeing his art.

Anyway. Hope that is helpful.

Also, I've been following on here for a while now, but haven't introduced myself. I'm an English teacher living in New Jersey. Discovered Percy in college and 'reverted' to Catholicism shortly thereafter.

Cheers,
Joe Francisco