percy-l - [percy-l] Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground" podcast (posted for Janet Cantor)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills" <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground" podcast (posted for Janet Cantor)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 00:57:01 -0400

I am sending this to the List because it seems to me to have enough content that could be of interest to Percy lovers.

Jessica Hooten Wilson, the marvelous Percy scholar, is being interviewed on one of the Hillsdale/National Review podcasts by John Miller. Here she is discussing Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky and Percy is mentioned. Apparently Percy taught this book in all of his literature courses.

Listen to this interview and I think there will be something to pique your interest both because of the Percy connections and on its own. She is a pleasure to listen to anyway.

The way she describes the book makes it seem almost as if Percy got the idea for his Lancelot from it.

See what you think.

Janet Cantor

PODCASTS: THE GREAT BOOKS
Episode 14: Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky
By National Review’s national correspondent and professor at Hillsdale College, John J. Miller, and interviewee Jessica Hooten Wilson

  • [percy-l] Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground" podcast (posted for Janet Cantor), Henry P. Mills, 06/09/2020