percy-l - Re: [percy-l] A Dissertation on Percy (Justin Bonanno)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Justin Bonanno <bonannju AT gmail.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] A Dissertation on Percy (Justin Bonanno)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 10:33:43 -0400

Thank you for providing Patrick Connelly's email, Rich! It is much appreciated.

And thank you for the advice on reading Percy's marginalia, Rhonda. My dissertation will focus on the implications of Percy's triadic theory of communication for the field of speech communication. The dissertation is in an early stage at the moment. While I'm still searching for the "question," as it were, in the least I'm wondering, "If Percy was alive today, given the electronic milieu, would he still use the novel as his medium of communication to convey his philosophical ideas?"

-Justin

Message: 1