percy-l - [percy-l] Call for Papers

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Karey Perkins <kareyperkins AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>, percy-l-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org, Henry Mills <henry AT henrymills.info>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Call for Papers
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:13:02 -0400

I am chairing two sessions at SAMLA this year on Walker Percy and am in immediate (urgent) need of another paper to complete one of my panels.  Are there any Walker Percy scholars interested?  If you know of anyone who might be please pass this on.  If you yourself are interested, please send an abstract by this Friday.  Here is the Call for Papers:

Call for Papers:  Walker Percy’s Centennial Anniversary at SAMLA 88

Papers on Walker Percy for the centennial anniversary of his birth being celebrated at the South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA), November 4-6, 2016, in Jacksonville, Florida.  https://samla.memberclicks.net/  Paper topics are open to anything celebrating Percy’s life or works, however, those that focus on the SAMLA theme of Utopias/Dystopias or the theme of the reader’s journey with Percy are especially welcomed.  Send one-page abstracts to kareyperkins AT gmail.com by Friday, July 22, 2016.

This is a great conference and great opportunity for anyone interested in going.  Smaller than the MLA, so more easygoing and intimate, yet still big enough to draw literary scholars from all over the south, and they have a great book fair.  I received two offers of publication of my work (a chapter in a book, and a whole book) at last year’s conference.  If it’s appropriate, please pass this on to Percy scholars or anyone who might be interested.

I’d like to have something by Friday as the organizers have asked for a third paper for my panels per their rules, and the due date has passed.

  • [percy-l] Call for Papers, Karey Perkins, 07/20/2016