percy-l - [percy-l] Lancelot

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Lancelot
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:12:48 -0400

Dear Percy-L:
This is a repost for Leslie Marsh.
Best, Henry Mills
=============================

From Leslie:
Why does the hardcopy and the ibook of Lancelot differ? Who felt it within their remit to tamper with the original?

Original: As punctually as Kant setting out for the university at exactly six o’clock so that shopkeepers along the way could set their watches by him, it had been my custom to arise at exactly nine o’clock, hung over, mouth scammed, breath foul, hands atremble, stagger to a cold shower, and, of late, take a drink.

ibook: As punctually as Kant setting out for the university at exactly six o’clock so that shopkeepers along the way could set their watches by him, it had been my custom to arise at exactly nine o’clock, stagger to a cold shower, and, of late, take a drink.

Leslie Marsh
Office of the Dean
Faculty of Medicine
T-314
The University of British Columbia Hospital
2211 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5
Canada

  • [percy-l] Lancelot, Henry Mills, 03/23/2016