percy-l - [percy-l] $100M for two copies of Lost in the Cosmos?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] $100M for two copies of Lost in the Cosmos?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 07:45:57 -0400

Dear Friends of Percy:

Here we find perhaps $100M as well spent as anywhere.  To suggest a Percy response: "[We] live in a deranged age, more deranged that usual, because in spite of great scientific and technological advances, man has not the faintest idea of who he is or what he is doing."

I'll cover the postage if someone might purchase two copies of "Lost" for Mr. Hawking and Mr. Milner.

Best,
Henry

Stephen Hawking and Yuri Milner Announce $100M Initiative to Seek ET
Milner, a tech start-up entrepreneur and philanthropist, is partnering with scientists around the world to search for life among the stars.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/stephen-hawking-and-yuri-milner-announce-100m-initiative-to-seek-extraterrestrial-intelligence/