percy-l - [percy-l] Selling my signed copy of Lost In The Cosmos

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Dayne Sherman <daynesherman AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Selling my signed copy of Lost In The Cosmos
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends of Dr. Percy:

I would like to sell my signed copy of Lost In The Cosmos, a rare first edition. See the description below. I have been monitoring the Percy list for a very long time, and I signed up on my personal e-mail to send this message.

Why am I selling books? No merit raises since 2008 and a nice little dental bill.

If you want books from John Updike (even signed) to Huey Long’s Every Man a King, I might have it. I have a nice collection of Southern writers and would be willing to sell 90 % of my books or 2200 copies. I am not really interested in selling the entire collection as one lot at this time. I have a stack of Percy hardcovers but no 1st editions I’d be willing to part with, just reading copies.

The price is $150. Free shipping (USA only), insurance, and we could do PayPal. If we meet face to face, in I will deduct $20. (Our family will be going to the Audubon Zoo on Saturday for Percy conference-goers.).

I'd be happy to send photos of the book.

Thanks so much.

Dayne
985-351-2513
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
-------------------------------
Lost In The Cosmos
by Walker Percy
New York: FSG (1983).
First Edition. Signed. $150.00

I bought it at the Kumquat Bookstore on 9/12/96. They were going out of business.

Dayne Sherman, Writer & Speaker. Author of Welcome to the Fallen Paradise: A Novel
Web & Social Media: http://daynesherman.com/
Talk About the South Blog: http://daynesherman.blogspot.com/
Tweet the South - Twitter: http://twitter.com/TweettheSouth/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/daynesherman
**This message speaks only for the writer, a citizen, not for any present or past employer.**

  • [percy-l] Selling my signed copy of Lost In The Cosmos, Dayne Sherman, 10/11/2013