percy-l - [percy-l] a remarkable video

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: janet cantor <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: percy lists <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] a remarkable video
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:41:12 -0700 (PDT)

In Depth with Shelby Foote - C-SPAN Video Library

I told myself I was going to simply scan parts of this, but I wound up listening to most of it because it was so fascinating. Foote's voice is so soothing. His command of his knowledge is great and his ability to speak off the cuff and without faltering is spectacular.
Foote mentions Percy at 12 and a half minutes, at 19 and a half minutes, at Two hours and 24 minutes, before  two hours and 47 minutes, and after two hours and 49 minutes. I think I'm right about those times. But if you have the three hours, you could do a lot worse than spend them on this video.

  • [percy-l] a remarkable video, janet cantor, 06/23/2012