percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Ken Armstrong <kennenathens AT frontier.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:12:07 -0400

Nice to see some action on the Percy list. I'd just add that the essays are not highly technical and many speak directly to the issues of "the culture wars" today. I read Message in the Bottle first, but more from Signposts struck a chord for me, maybe because I was already a convert in regard to symbolic thought. Fateful Rift: San Andreas Fault in the Modern Mind in Signposts couldn't be more germane to today's debates centered around "scientism."

Ken A