percy-l - [percy-l] (Farther off-topic) Re: Inquisisitons and Impeachments

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Steve Petrica" <steve.petrica AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] (Farther off-topic) Re: Inquisisitons and Impeachments
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 11:08:49 -0500

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Beck, David A <dabeck AT iupui.edu> wrote:

But since we are veering further away from Percy, I am cautious about my reply. But one question bothers me: if we can hold impeachment hearings for a guy getting a ...well, I don't want to offend anyone, but someone providing his lollipop to an intern, why can't we have impeachment hearings on an administration that has thumbed its nose at the Geneva conventions and our very own Constitution?

What's happened to our outrage? Is the fluoride dumbing us down to the point that we are too complacent to respond? I don't understand where the outrage has gone? The sometime righteous outrage that sparked the civil rights movement or the protests about the Viet Nam war...what happened?

I'm persuaded!  Bring on the impeachment proceedings!  Even before your note, this blog convinced me:

http://theanchoressonline.com/2007/05/24/lets-do-it-lets-impeach-bush/

Steve